Thursday, June 9, 2011

Paper Bag Uses

I wanted to share with you all the things I got out of a paper bag when planning my parents anniversary reception.  I was pretty excited at how many things came out of one bag!! Mainly because I purchased them  at Hobby Lobby after Valentine's day and paid about 22 cents for a package of 10 bags! I hope that makes you excited too!

Out of one bag I got:
Popcorn bag
Water bottle label
Food label
Favor bag topper

And the way I cut them, which was pure luck, there was little scraps and I still have some bags that I never cut!
I measured about 4 inches from the bottom of the bag and used pinky shears to get the popcorn bag.  This is
what is leftover.

I then measured the width of the favor bag along the edge I cut, marked it.

Then I cut. I used the folds in the bag as a guide...I cut where the arrows are pointing. This left the middle section that I used for the food labels!

 Then flattened out.....

 ......and cut with regular scissors along the natural fold of the bag.

 Wallah! Hope that made sense! We later put a photo of our parents in the center.

 I then took the remaining piece of the bag and measured the label from the watter bottle.

 I got two labels from the one cut!

 Used box tape to apply the label.

All done!

 For the food labels I cut a rectangle using the inside paper of the frame as a guide and made the words with the frame graphic on my computer, cut them out and taped to the rectangle.
Here's the popcorn bags and food label.....
 ....and the final favor bag!
In case you messed it, I gave all the details in this week's Soiree Day!

Pretty good for 22 cents huh?

See my Link Party page for where I'm linking to!



10 comments:

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

everything looks great! such a cute bag pattern

Gracefully Vintage said...

Love it.. I make own with just sicky lables from office depot..
But i like that much better.
Will absalutely try that..
Thanks for Sharing such a Great Idea..
Karryann
Tried to become a follower-but it wasnt showing on your blog..
Ill be back for sure.

Emily @ RemarkableHome said...

How creative! Everything looks great! good job!

AllieMakes! said...

Very sweet! Love that pattern!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Holly said...

LOVE all of your ideas! I am a new follower.

Denise said...

I found you on Thrilling Thursday Linky Party. I didn’t join since I haven’t created anything but I had to check out the projects everyone else did. Creative people inspire me and this project is an example of why so I am now following you. The print is fantastic and definitely looks vintage which I love. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I can be found in facebook too http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and twitter @DeniseLillaRose If you like/follow me there I will do the same for you. When you stop by my blog, please check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry).

Ashley said...

wow great blog, i love DIY recycling projects! i grabbed a button!

http://myinternethideaway.blogspot.com/

Lauryn Ashli said...

this is darling! i would love for you to link it up to flashback fridays
i just started a new link party called flashback fridays giving bloggers an opportunity to link up posts from their archives and more.

you can go here to check it out:
http://lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2011/09/introducingflashback-fridays.html

{love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

cool, that is really nifty

Lauryn Ashli said...

thanks so much for linking this up!
you were featured!
check it out here:
http://lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2011/09/flashback-fridays-sequel.html
{love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com