Monday, June 6, 2011

Potato Candy

My parents celebrated 40 years of marriage last Sunday!  What a milestone! So my sister and I, with the help of our brothers and sister in law, decided to throw a small surprise reception directly after church.  We got in a little trouble as my parents don't like to be fussed over...but they enjoyed it and I know we made them feel special!
(I did tell my mom she had 10 years to get over it cause at 50 there will be a big party!)
We made some childhood favorites and one of them I thought I'd share in detail today. Good ole' Potato Candy!  I'm pretty sure it's an old recipe and a friend at church told me that her mom used to make it out of leftover mashed potatoes. 



Potato Candy
1 medium potato, baked
1 1b powdered sugar
peanut butter
more powdered sugar for rolling dough


Remove inside of baked potato and place in a medium mixing bowl.  Mash.


Add powdered sugar to potato and mix until you have a dough like consistency.



Roll out dough with extra powdered sugar to 1/4" thickness.

Spread peanut butter on dough.

Roll dough into a log form. Slice and place on plate. Chill in refrigerator.

Enjoy!
Come back tomorrow for all the details in Soiree Day!

See my Link Party Page for where I'm linking to!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

My parents will celebrate their 40th in August. How fun! This potato candy looks interesting and yummy! I'm going to give this a try!